Because of the long weekend (God bless America!), I shan’t be back in my cute little cubicle until Tuesday. Because most of my blogs have been frustration inspired memoirs, I thought I’d share some notes I took on a conversation with my mentor Lynn Baber, casting director of the Northlight Theatre in Chicago. Lynn sneaks small bits of gold dust into her rants, and I feel truly lucky to get to experience her wisdom. How to be a better person, from Lynn:
- “Be more fabulous. Just always be more fabulous”
- “Be kind to everyone. Absolutely everyone.”
- “Be efficient.”
- “Know a little bit about a lot of things.
- “Never miss an opportunity to learn.”
- “Shut up when needed. It’s often needed.”
- “Smile in pictures.”
- “It’s never about the money. If you’re going to do something, do it for you… or for someone else. But it’s never about the money.”
- “Require more of yourself.”
- “Walk with purpose.”
- “Understand the future is bright.”
Until next time.